Automate new hire onboarding in Okta
A typical new hire onboarding process involves HR creating a ticket with details of a new hire, which then requires IT to go in and manually create that user, and assign them the right applications and group memberships.
Multiplier can automate user creation in Okta through the following steps:
Once you've installed the Multiplier app from the Atlassian marketplace, and connected your Okta instance, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Create a JSM request type to capture these requests from your users:
2. Navigate to the workflows screen, and Edit the workflow that maps to this request type.
3. Select the Issue create transition, and add the Multiplier trigger action post function.
4. Select Okta as the provider on the following screen, and configure the post function to trigger only for the request type we set up in Step 1.
Select Create User without credentials as the action, and map the required and any optional fields needed to create this user, e.g. their login, email, first and last name, etc.
8. Click on Add and then don't forget to publish your workflow.
You've now successfully automated new hire onboarding. You can chain this with other actions such as adding users to groups to ensure your new hires hit the ground running on day 1.
If you have any feedback, or questions - feel free to reach out to us for support at email@example.com.