Integrate Multiplier with BetterCloud
Multiplier’s BetterCloud integration helps simplify the creation of Zero Touch IT processes for teams that rely on Jira Service Management Cloud as their ITSM. By enabling the ability to embed BetterCloud actions directly into a JSM workflow using prebuilt templates, IT sees a faster time to value as no additional configuration is required.
This not only allows employees to be more productive by enabling a self-serve model for common requests, rather than waiting on IT, but also means IT can focus on more strategic initiatives.
- Multiplier (installed in Jira Service Management Cloud via the Atlassian Marketplace)
- BetterCloud (Manage + Platform API)
Jira Service Management Cloud
- Navigate to Apps > Manage Apps from the JSM navigation bar
- Click on Configure until you reach the the Multiplier section in the left nav
- You should see the below screen. Click on the BetterCloud logo in the Configure Integrations section as seen below:
- Input your BetterCloud API token and click Connect to BetterCloud
- To generate a BetterCloud API token, in app.bettercloud.com, navigate to BetterClouds APIs on the left navigation bar, select API Token, then click Create on the top right corner of the screen.
5. Once successfully connected, BetterCloud workflow actions will become available when configuring JSM workflows as a post function.
To view and configure these workflow actions, click on Settings in the top nav, and then select Issues. Then click on Workflows and select Edit Workflow from the Actions menu.
6. Switch to Diagram mode in the workflow editor:
7. On the next screen, choose the initial Create transition, and click on Post Functions:
8. Click on Add post function:
9. Then select the Multiplier: Trigger Action post function:
10. From there, you can choose one of the workflow action templates, or build a custom one.
11. Selecting a workflow action template will take you to a screen to further customize the parameters of the actions, and let you map values of Jira fields to the values being passed to BetterCloud.
You can specify a JQL condition to only trigger the action when certain issue criteria are met (e.g. Issues belonging to a certain request type, or a specific field value being selected).
12. Once you’ve finished configuration, click on the Add button. Remember to hit Publish Draft at the top of the page to save changes.